Part 1: Find your My.UNL username
All new UNL employees and students should receive a welcome email asking them to claim their My.UNL account.
After you claim your account, you should receive an email receipt that confirms what your My.UNL username is. If you never received that message, lost it, or just aren't sure what your My.UNL username is, you will need to find out another way. Students and employees have different ways of looking up their usernames. Use the appropriate procedure below.
Help for student accounts
- Sign into myred.unl.edu to log in to your student self-service site. Your NUID is the 8-digit number found in the lower-left portion of your NCard above the barcode. The password will be the password you chose when you set up your TrueYou account. For further instructions on TrueYou, visit http://admissions.unl.edu/myred.aspx or call the UNL Computer Help Center (402-472-3970 in Lincoln, or 866-472-3970 toll-free in the US).
- Once you have entered MyRed, click on the "Student" tab and look under the "UNL Other Services" link.
- Finally, click on the My.UNL Blackboard Username link to view your My.UNL username.
Help for employee or affiliate accounts
- Go to the UNL Directory service.
- To use the directory, simply enter your last name (or your full name) in the text field. When you find your entry, click on your name to get full details.
- Your e-mail address should appear at the bottom of the window. If you have not customized it, your username is the first part of your email address without the "@unl.edu" part (for example; if your email address is displayed as email@example.com your My.UNL username is jdoe4). If your email address has been customized, your username will be available in the address bar after clicking the "permalink" icon for your directory listing.
If your email address is blank, or shows firstname.lastname@example.org please contact the UNL Computer Help Center for help.
Computer Help Center:
hours: 7:30am to 7:30pm CT daily
phone: 402 472 3970 in Lincoln, or 866 472 3970 toll-free in the US
Part 2: Your password
If you are new to UNL, you will set your My.UNL account password when you claim your new account at id.unl.edu/claim
If your account was created before February, 2011, it is too old to be claimed and the password just needs to be reset. If you attempt to claim your My.UNL account and receive a message like:
|Your My.UNL account, jdoe4, has already been claimed or is no longer eligible to be claimed. If you are having trouble with your password, you can try to reset it.
Please contact the Help Center if you are having further issues.
Help Center hours: 7:30am to 7:30pm CT daily.
Phone: 402-472-3970 in Lincoln or 1-866-472-3970 toll-free in U.S.
You should contact the UNL Computer Help Center for help resetting your password. You may also try resetting your password using either the security challenge questions, or by authenticating against TrueYou (used for Firefly or MyRed... just scroll down on the password reset page).